What Is Angel Tree?
Angel Tree is an outreach of Prison Fellowship, and Victory Faith is excited to partner with them this Christmas to help deliver more than just gifts to 88 children in our community. The gift is just the beginning. Through Angel Tree, our church will have the opportunity to direclty share God's love with children who might otherwise feel forgotten this Christmas. Learn more about Angel Tree on their website.
How Does It Work?
- Pick an Angel - After Thanksgiving, you can pick an angel from the tree in the lobby at Victory Faith. Each angel will have some information about a child who has a parent in prison this Christmas.
- Go Shopping - You will then go shopping for a gift for that child and deliver it unwrapped back to Victory Faith by December 10th.
- Sorting & Wrapping - The Angel Tree Committee will sort the gifts, make sure they're appropriate for the child and comparable to any gifts their sibling(s) might receive, wrap them, and coordinate with the child's family for delivery.
- Delivery - The week before Christmas, trained Delivery Teams of at least two people will take the gift to the recipient's home with a Gospel message and a Gospel gift.
How Can I Get Involved?
Aside from picking an angel from the tree and getting a gift, you can also join the Angel Tree team in one of the following ways:
ANGEL TREE COMMITTEE
- Call recipients to verify delivery address and time
- Fill out Angel Tree gift tags
- Fill out tracking forms and reports
- Help receive, sort, and wrap gifts
ANGEL TREE COMMITTEE LITE
- Receive, wrap, and sort gifts for delivery teams
- Sign up with a friend to deliver gifts the week prior to Christmas (each team member should register separately)